Katonah Chamber of Commerce
- highlight the merchants and culture and services of Katonah
- offer up-to-the minute news, announcements and local offers on the website
- integrate social media microblogging
- rich with photos and videos
- offer a way to purchase membership online
- have a new site design that reflects the culture of Katonah
- all with a back end content management system that allowed for multiple users and easy updating.
Chris and Heather led brainstorming sessions with a website task force of the Chamber, to determine the audience, goals and ability of the Chamber to manage the site, so that a website could be created that truly fit their needs and desires and time constraints.
Social Media strategy
The Chamber faced two challenges- how to integrate social media into their website, and the bigger challenge of training the board members and staff in how to use social media effectively. They did not want to end up with what many organizations have: empty or unengaging social media profiles.
The new website we created with them has contact information, a call to action, attractive non-Adobe flash photos on the home page, excerpts from the blog and events calendar, newsletter sign up, directions to Katonah and more right on the home page. The site is easy to manage for people who were already skilled with computer software like Microsoft Office and had some familiarity with social networks.